Build relationships like a champ; champion social causes.
You’ll use your institutional knowledge and process-driven approach to keep the new business pipeline flowing with opportunities for our digital agency to engage in projects with mission-driven organizations.
If you’re strictly focused on metrics, commission, or the ABCs of sales, we probably won’t make a good fit. You’ll report to the CEO, but you’ll also need to share the sandbox with members of the sales, marketing, tech, and design teams — they’ve got the SME to make your RFPs A-OK.
Your passion and empathy drive you to succeed. You build trust easily. You’re a storyteller, an enchanter.
Candidates for this remote position must reside in the US or Canada. BIPOC applicants will receive priority consideration. If you’re a recruiter, please don’t contact us.
- Manage inbound opportunities
- Drive new business and outreach initiatives
- Participate in marketing campaigns
- Mentor and supervise sales agents
- Help set and meet sales targets
- Lead on-brand pitches, proposals, and presentations
- Work with team members to help define scope and estimates
- Keep the CRM current with deals, contacts, and interactions
- Maintain the sales pipeline, and report its overall health to Leadership
- Understand and advance Kalamuna's market positioning
- Monitor competitor offerings and marketing activities
- Represent Kalamuna in the community
- 5+ years of sales experience and 3+ in an agency context
- Experience with organizations like nonprofits, universities, municipalities
- Strong time and process management skills
- Exceptional communication skills with high empathy, nuance, and polish to connect with different personalities
- Superior command of the English language; expert in clear and persuasive language
- Ability to define, nurture and grow new sales channels
- Can think strategically and act quickly, no matter how full your plate
- A holistic understanding of the website design, development, and support lifecycle
- Experience with agency contracting vehicles like SOWs and MSAs
- Strong negotiation skills
You Might Also Know About
- Marketing automation
- Drupal & WordPress
- Nonprofit management
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Bay Area FasTrak, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including health insurance, a continued learning stipend, an equipment fund, 401(k) with 3% match. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.